Sunday 7 September 2014

Sunday 7 September 2014

Maison Lejeby Elixir Theodora review

I've been circling past my font door for the past week, eagerly urging that rattle on the letterbox or a ring of the bell. It seems so long ago that I placed an order for the Theodora from Maison Lejeby Elixir's latest range. My patience isn't good at the best of times, so ticking 'standard delivery' wasn't an intelligent moment.

And so eventually, this morning my ear's were alerted to the post van pulling up outside, at last! There was no finesse to my parcel opening, quick quick quick and out  I pull a beautiful bright blue lacy set, heaven.

Without straps clipped together. Very wide apart.
The colour is called cabalt blue, a nice change from black. The cups are made from non-stretch Guipure lace. It feels sturdy in my hands, it should be supportive on. A mesh bow sits in the centre, and arabesque lace runs along the top of the cups to the straps. Again this is non-stretch lace so if the fit is close it could dig in. The straps are wide and super shiny satin, this could mean trouble staying in place, I have had previous Elixir bras with straps that work themselves loose over the day, easily remedied with a few stitches to hold it at the right length.

The thing that strikes me most is on the back, there is a hook a few inches up the back of the straps to hook them together into a racer back style, this hadn't been shown on the retailers website and I'm not sure how I feel about it, certain sports bras are coming to mind and how awkward they are to get on and off. We'll see!


Straps clipped together. 
The straps are far apart, so I have to clip them together as intended. No chance of them staying on my shoulders otherwise. This is a feat in itself, the clasp is fairly low down in just that part of the back that gets missed when moisturising and scrubbing. Several attempts later.....it's on. It took a few hours to get used to the back styling, I did get used to it but it's always going to be a song and a dance to get it on and off without assistance.


My big disappointment of the day was the cups, they are huge! I ordered 30F, my usual size in bras and certainly in all of my other Elixir bras from their previous collections. The band is spot on though so I will re-order it in 30E and see how well that fits. Time for my patience to be tested again while I wait for it to be swapped :-)

Very generous cups.



No comments:

Post a Comment