Thursday 4 September 2014

Thursday 4 September 2014

Pepperberry Lace Shoulder Top review

I picked up this top in 2 sizes and 2 colours for £29.00 each from Pepperberry's current range.


The blue is a size 8 Curvy/Really curvy. A few things to strike me, firstly the material is quite thin, my bra seams are clearly visible. Easily rectified with a seam free or moulded cup style but I do feel a slightly thicker fabric would have been good.


Secondly, it's a good length on me (5'7" fyi) And it does show the waist off, but the part directly under the bust looks a little lost. It fit's the hip, waist and top part of the bust but something is definitely not right in the centre of the chest and just below.


Then we have the 'oh dear' when rather a lot of back fat is visible, again a slightly thicker material would have been nicer or perhaps I really need to do a few more workouts.

I'm wearing a freya bra in my size, I can comfortably fit several fingers under the strap so I'm not wearing a bra thats too small. 


I should have worn a different colour bra to illustrate my next point, the sleeves are lace and sheer, my bra straps are quite obvious, more so in real life than in the photos. Yes the lace is pretty but may have been better over an opaque fabric is being placed in the strap area. Wearing a pretty bra strap will make it too busy but the plain nude is still obvious.


The pink version is a size 10 curvy/really curvy. I had thought that some of my issues with the blue top could have been because it was too small so I tried the size up.


Unfortunately there is still visible bra seems under the top and that empty space below the bust. There is a lot less definition of my waist  this time.


And yep, even in the bigger top the fabric still clings enough to show my bra band and back fat bulges so off to the gym I go and until then I'll have to find a good jacket to cover up.


Having said all this, I do quite like the tops, they are pretty and fun. I think the shaping is really good but the fabric weight does let them down a bit in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment