Wednesday 27 August 2014

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Panache Superbra Cami Top v M&S basic tank


I almost don't need to write anything here, the pictures say soo much! The first two pictures are of the Panache Superbra Cami Top in Navy, size 32E £26.00. It has a moulded bra inside to give shape and uplift. Hmmmmm The third picture is a basic tank from M&S £9.50, it makes no promise of super shape for larger busts, just a regular tank size 8.

So I ask myself why a top that is made especially for my size and shape looks so wrong? There is a lot of fabric round the middle and its quite stiff fabric so it doesn't drape well. It makes me look a good 7 lbs heavier (not good). What puzzles me is that there is a bra band inside and they know what size that is so they know that the top over it is far too big. I'm not assuming everyone would want it super tight but theres a lot of shaping that could be done to improve this. In all the places this is for sale online the pictures show a far more fitted shaped top so I was very disappointed to try this on.  On a good note, yes you can wear a strappy top without having extra bra straps showing, but thats the only good thing I can find about it. One of the straps also came apart after washing it so I'm sorry Panache but the M&S tank is the winner for me, it may not have an integral bra but it's straps are just wide enough and positioned ideally to wear a bra underneath and it is far more flattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment